Offered in a range of formats to meet people’s individual needs, attendees will be given the opportunity to:
- Obtain information
- Have questions answered
- Meet and talk confidentially with others in a similar situation
- Discuss experiences and express feelings in a safe environment
- Focus on maintaining and enhancing skills and abilities
- Explore ways of managing now and into the future
The LWDS is run in both metropolitan and regional locations throughout Australia at no charge to the participants. It is held over a number of sessions, usually over consecutive days or weeks.
Independent evaluation has shown that this program has a substantial effect on the well-being of participants.
You can download a copy of the relevant program brochure by clicking on the links below:
- Living with Memory Loss Program brochure (PDF, 181 KB
- Living with Dementia Program (PDF, 177 KB)
- Living with Lewy Body Disease Program (PDF, 204 KB)
- Living with Younger Onset Dementia Program (PDF, 180 KB)
- Living with Mild Cognitive Impairment Program (PDF, 183 KB)
- Living with Fronto-Temporal Dementia Program brochure (PDF, 183 KB)
Watch the Living with dementia video series.