Our National Patron is His Excellency General The Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The Alzheimer's Australia Board
Graeme Samuel AC, National President
Tony Newman, Vice-President
Greg Fraser, Secretary
William Bass, Public Officer and Treasurer
Maree McCabe, interim Chief Executive Officer
Our Board is responsible for the governance of the organisation with the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the management of the organisation. The Board establishes the results to be achieved and the task of achieving these results are delegated to the Chief Executive Officer.
Under the terms of the revised Constitution, the Board comprises:
- the National President, who is elected by the members of the Association
- the Chief Executive Officer
- up to eight Directors, with one Director being nominated by each member Association.
The Board meets face-to-face three times a year.
Statement of Expectations
In performing their duties, the Board will:
- at all times act lawfully and consistently with Alzheimer's Australia policies
- meet regularly to monitor the performance of management and Alzheimer's Australia as a whole
- ensure that they receive regular and accurate reporting on financial and service provision matters
- regularly review its own performance as a basis for development and quality assurance
- carry out its meetings in such a manner as to ensure fair and full participation of all Board members
- ensure the assets of Alzheimer's Australia are protected by a suitable risk management strategy
- honour its obligations to Alzheimer's Australia consistent with the Constitution.
Alzheimer's Australia is a federation of State and Territory member associations.
The current membership is:
Alzheimer's Australia ACT
Alzheimer's Australia NSW
Alzheimer's Australia NT
Alzheimer's Australia QLD
Alzheimer's Australia SA
Alzheimer's Australia TAS
Alzheimer's Australia VIC
Alzheimer's Australia WA
Alzheimer's Australia Ltd.
ABN 79 625 582 771