Services and support we provide
Support can make a positive difference to managing dementia. Alzheimer's Australia provides a range of sensitive and flexible services to support people with any type of dementia, their families and carers throughout the illness.
Services Alzheimer’s Australia offers
The services we offer include;
- Information about dementia
- The National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500
- National Younger Onset Key Worker program, to provide individualised services and support for those living with younger onset dementia, their families and carers
- Support groups for people like you who have been diagnosed with dementia
- Private and confidential counselling
- Education and Training.
We're here to provide the help you need, when you need it.
Services may differ between state & territory organisations. Find out the services offered in your state or territory.
ACT NSW NT Qld SA Tas Vic WA
National Dementia Helpline
Support can make a positive difference to managing dementia. We're here to provide the help you need, when you need it. National Dementia Helpline is a telephone information and support service available across Australia.
What kind of support does the National Dementia Helpline provide?
- Understanding & support for people with dementia, their family & carers
- Practical information & advice
- Up to date written material about dementia
- Information about other services
- Details of the full range of services provided by Alzheimer's Australia.
Who will I speak to?
The National Dementia Helpline is staffed by trained and experienced professionals. National Dementia Helpline services are provided by Alzheimer’s Australia state organisations ensuring you get accurate, local information and support. Is it a confidential service?
What will happen next?
The adviser you speak to may suggest some next steps for you. This could be in the form of written material to begin with or to make an appointment to meet one of our counsellors.
Contact us for more information
For more information call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500, or email us.