Dementia grants program
Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Foundation offers a range of awards including new investigator grants, travel grants as well as postgraduate scholarships and postdoctoral fellowships.
2013 Dementia Grants Program
The 2013 Dementia Grants Program is valued at almost $2.5 million and will be offered in 2 Rounds.
The Program will consist of the following:
Round 1: Now open
- 6 x $50,000 Project Grants to include:
- 2 x Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Foundation Grants
- 1 x Hazel Hawke Foundation Grant in Dementia Care
- 1 x Consumer Dementia Research Network Grant
- 2 x Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Foundation - Victoria Grants*
- 1 x $15,000 Rosemary Foundation Travel Award
- 5 x Postdoctoral Fellowships ($90,000 per annum for two years)
- 4 x Part funded Postdoctoral Fellowships ($45,000 per annum for 2 years to be matched by the host institution)
Round 2: Opening in September 2013
- 6 x Full PhD Scholarships ($30,000 per annum for up to 3 years)
- 6 x top-up PhD Scholarships ($7,500 per annum for up to 2 years for students currently receiving a PhD Scholarship from an alternative funding source)
*The Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Foundation - Victoria Grants are not truly nationally competitive, they are not considered to be part of the Dementia Grants Program and are therfore not part of the Australian Competitive Grants Register listing. They are selected through the same application form to maximise the benefit of the funding round.
Before you begin an application
Before beginning an application you should read the Information for Applicants booklet (updated 11/02/2013) . This document contains important information for applicants regarding the application procedure and eligibility conditions for the Dementia Grants Program.
Applicants should read all of the information included in this booklet and liaise with their Host Institution's Research Office before contacting the Foundation directly with any queries regarding the application process or eligibility conditions.
Applications will only be accepted through the online sysytem.
Key Dates - Round 1
- Applications open: Friday 1st February 2013 (12.00p.m. EST)
- Applications close: Friday 5th April 2013 (5.00p.m. EST)
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Outcome announced: Thursday 31st October
- Funding commences: January - March 2014
Click here to submit an application for the 2013 Dementia Research Grants
Click here to submit an application for the 2013 Postdoctoral Fellowships
Click here to submit an application for the 2013 Rosemary Foundation Travel Awards
Progress Report Templates
Regular reporting to the Foundation is a condition of all grants. Annual reports allow us to evaluate the outcomes of the awards and share findings with the wider community. Successful grant recipients should email Angela McKeegan firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the report template.
Reports are to be submitted annually, 12 months after commencement date, and on completion of award.
Reports are to be submitted on completion, 12 months after commencement date.
Reports are to be completed within 3 months of travel.