Dementia Awareness Week (DAW) is the national centrepiece for Alzheimer’s Australia (AA) community awareness activities each year.
Theme: Brain Health – Making the Connections
- World Alzheimer’s Day on 21 September.
- International speaker tour with Dr Serge Gauthier.
- AA state & territory organisations hold a series of national and local activities. For more information on how you can get involved contact your local AA Office.
Dr Gauthier will do a national tour to discuss:
- The possible causes of dementia and the prospects of new treatments.
- The links between dementia and other chronic diseases, and their management.
- The potential to include dementia in existing health prevention programs.
- The evidence base for reducing the risk of dementia.
- Slowing the progression of the disease and reducing prevalence of dementia.
17th September (Monday) Sydney function
18th September (Tuesday) Adelaide function
19th September (Wednesday) Canberra function
20th September (Thursday) Melbourne function
21st September (Friday) Hobart function
24th September (Monday) Darwin function
25th September (Tuesday) Perth function
27th September (Thursday) Brisbane function
For other Dementia Awareness Week 2012 activities in your state or territory go to:
NSW, VIC, SA, NT, TAS, WA, QLD, ACT