The Australian Government
Alzheimer’s Australia gratefully acknowledges the Australian Government funding which has supported the development and continued maintenance of this website.
The Australian Government aims to strengthen the capacity of the health and aged care sectors to provide appropriate evidence-based prevention and early intervention, assessment, treatment and care for people with dementia, their families and carers. This occurs through a number of programs such as:
- The National Dementia Support Program
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS)
Through the National Dementia Support Program (NDSP) the Australian Government provides the following services through Alzheimer’s Australia State and Territory offices:
- National Dementia Helpline and Referral Service
- Support and counselling
- Information, awareness, education and training
- Support for people with special needs.
Disclaimer: The Australian Government neither endorses nor has any responsibility for the content of this site.